All traced and ready to spray baste the muslin onto a piece of backing. This makes it easier to embroider and creates a neat cushioned effect on the final stitchery.
The stitchery has begun; I used a variegated valdani pearl cotton thread which I absolutely love. I do not separate the threads…I just unroll and go. Go visit their website here and see all the great things that they have!
Here is the stitchery all done…I used only three stitches. Backstitch, french knots and daisy loop. Here is a reference guide on line for embroidery stitches. I am still learning new stitches all the time.
The rest of the quilt went together quickly with some scraps from my stash. Here are the border pieces that I selected.
Here are the border pieces all ready to go together….
I then created my quilt sandwich; check out this tutorial here that demonstrates how I put together my quilt sandwiches with spray baste. I then decided to hand quilt the top with a dark brown valdani thread. It turned out great and was fund to do.
Trim and and the binding. Here is the final quilt all complete…turned out really nice.
Happy Sewing…enjoy a beautiful summer weekend. I confess that I am security waiting for fall to hurry up and arrive so I can break out all the fall decorations!
You can purchase this mini sampler from my easy store….here’s the link!